This blog went on a bit of a hiatus while I was bringing a tiny human into the world and figuring out motherhood/business owner balance(ish). And we also bought a new house, because a new baby wasn’t enough to deal with! But I’ve at least found enough equilibrium that I can devote time to this blog again, so it is officially back.
And to kick off the new year on the blog, I thought an update on how things are would be in order. So here’s what you can expect from Studio Guerassio in 2019:
- The Blog – My aim is to do at least one post every month. Ideally I’ll work my way back up to a post every two weeks, but we’ll see how it goes.
- Content – I plan to continue with my Brand Nuance series and, Decoding Design series. You’ll also still get the occasional Creative Wavelength post, Covers Reimagined post, or quote-inspired post. But I’m going to offer more worksheets/useful downloadables aimed at business owners, so be on the lookout for those, too.
- Clients – I’m still mainly focused on creative, lifestyle and leisure clients, but I’m also opening up more to clients that further progressive causes in their own ways. As always, this is pretty loosely interpreted, so don’t feel like it might automatically disqualify someone as a potential client.
- Projects – Obviously my main service focus is visual branding, but I’m not sure it’s clear from my site that I can and do still work on all types of projects for my clients, from packaging to social media graphics to book covers to invitations. I’ll be redoing my Services page to make this more clear. And I currently have availability, so hit me up if you need design help.
- Hours – As part of the mom-life/business-life balance I need to strike, my “in office” hours are now limited to Mon-Wed-Fri from 10am to 5pm. Also known as the days the little tot is in daycare. I can still answer emails and do some lighter things on Tue-Thu when she’s home with me, but the majority of my availability will be M-W-F.
- Payments – This is not changing, but worth reiterating: all projects required a signed contract and a nonrefundable deposit.
- Social Media – I will still be on Twitter most, followed by Instagram, with the occasional pop in to Facebook. But my time on these networks overall will be a lot less. Yes, I will be scheduling social media posts. And no, contrary to what you’ve heard, that doesn’t affect visibility via algorithms.
I think that about covers it!