You’ve put your talents to work writing the best book you can.
But marketing a book isn’t just about what a reader will find between the pages- you have to get the book into their hands first. And if your book has a horrible cover, no one will pick it up. If your website is an unorganized mess, people will click away without even thinking about where to find your book. If your promo graphics look amateur, readers will think you don’t take your own work seriously enough to do them justice. The Pageturner Design Bundle solves all of these problems.
I know that being an author today requires a MOUNTAIN of work. Particularly if you’re at a small press or self-publishing, there’s a lot on your plate. You have to: get a book cover designed, maintain a website, make promotional materials, be all over social media, do in-person appearances and signings, and a thousand other things. All on top of any actual writing you want to get done. Yeeesh, take a break, and a step back.
Serious authors don’t DIY every little thing, they write.
They recognize that they don’t have the time – or, to be honest, the skillset – to tackle it all on their own. Because if you try to do everything by yourself, you end up with a poor book cover, cobbled-together promo graphics, and a constant headache from trying to learn code and wrangle your website.
The good news is, that doesn’t have to be you. My Pageturner Design Bundle creates a high-level book cover, customized website and cohesive package of promo materials to make a great first impression on your readers. And putting all of that on my plate frees you up to focus on what you do best: talking about your book, and writing your next one.
Pageturner Design Bundle clients can rest easy knowing you will:
- Have a cover that’s pick-me-up-worthy and perfect for you book
- Grow your audience through a gorgeous and easy to use website that lets readers connect to you
- Stop having cobbled-together promo graphics that are confusing or off-putting to readers
- Increase book sales because your online presence is so polished and consistent
- Have days of free time to work on editing your current book and writing your next one
Want one (or more) of these? Simply let me know by selecting the options on the bundle request form.
Business Card Add-On
Book Naming Help Add-On
Interior Page Layout
Fill out the form, and I’ll get back to you within 48 hours, weekends excepted. A 50% deposit is required to secure your spot in my work schedule, as well as a signed contract for peace of mind (on both of our parts). Once those are taken care of, we dive in, talking about your book and any ideas you may have for its beautiful new cover. If you don’t have any ideas, that’s ok, too! Part of my job is to take what you tell me about plot, characters, and themes, and translate that into your cover. The cover is first, then the coordinating promo materials. Your brand spanking new author website will be the final step in the bundle. Afterwards, you’ll be all set to launch your book in reader-dazzling style!
- 2 initial concepts showing front cover only. Sent as .pdf proofs via email.
- Chose 1 concept, and I build out the spine and back cover for that concept. 2 rounds of revisions are included, if needed.
- Final files set up for print and whichever e-book formats you need, and delivered to you and/or your chosen printer/publisher.
Promotional graphics include::
- Based off of the new cover design we just finished.
- Choose two social media channels you’d like graphics for. Defaults are Facebook and Twitter. Header image, avatar and in-stream images provided.
- If you have a blog (or will have one, with the new website), a graphic sized for that will be provided. If you don’t have a blog, choose a 3rd social media channel.
- Design for a standard 2″ x 6″ bookmark, front and back. Printing is not included, this is a design file to give to your printer.
- 1 round of small tweaks to each promo graphic is included.
- Discussion with you about the look you want and any features or functionality that will be needed.
- Research of existing themes that meet your functionality needs.
- Choice of one new theme as the base to build off of.
- Development of the new design/skin on that theme’s foundation on my test server for you to preview.
- Up to 3 rounds of revisions.
- Install of WordPress on your site’s hosting, if not already done.
- Initial setup of page structure, menus, widgets, etc.
- Input of initial content, as provided by you.
- In-depth walkthrough on how to add/edit posts, pages, images, sidebars, etc. in the WordPress admin area.
Working with me will ensure both you and your book have a polished, top-notch face to show to the world.
Let me handle the design nitty gritty.
After all, wouldn’t you rather be writing?
I do specialize in photo-based and type-based covers, not covers that feature custom character illustrations, unless you wish to provide this independently to be used in the cover design.
Your new WordPress site will require you to purchase a domain name and hosting, if you don’t already have these. This amount is not included in my fee, but is a separate purchase you must make on your own. I can advise re: where to buy & what kind of hosting plan is needed.
I accept payment via PayPal/CC or check.
I will not straight-up copy another author’s book cover design.
A 50% deposit is required up front to secure my time & services. Deposits are non-refundable. The remainder of the project fee is due on completion.