Full suite for a casual spring brunch wedding. 2017-2018.
Liz and Brett are a fun, bold couple who wanted to do something a little different for their wedding. They are having a casual brunch wedding, so didn’t want to go too fancy with their invitation suite. They also wanted to capture the idea of spring, without going so obviously or literally floral. And they wanted to use the combination of their favorite colors: a dark blue and a bright red-orange. Liz also was a fan of brushstroke/watercolor styles, so wanted to see if we could incorporate that somehow.
This is what I came up with. The scribbled circles and casual type hit the unfancy vibe they were going for, and the combination of circles and brushstrokes is actually a very abstracted idea of florals while still being bold and colorful. Happily, their two favorite colors were easy to work with together. I gave them two concept sets to chose from, but this was the clear winner from the get go, for both the bride and groom (and me as well, if I’m honest! I have favorites).
- Save the Date: 4.25″ x 6″, single-sided printing on eggshell white stock, with marine blue A2 envelopes featuring white ink return address printing.
- Main Invite: 5″ x 7″ single-sided printing on 2-ply eggshell white stock, with marine blue A7 envelopes featuring white ink return address printing and a custom liner.
- RSVP: 3.5″ x 5″ single-sided printing on eggshell white stock, with mandarin orange A1 envelopes featuring white ink address printing.
- Pre-Party Card: 3.5″ x 5″ single-sided printing on eggshell white stock.
- Website: a single-page WordPress site using a highly customized Divi template. It included photos from their engagement shoot, hotel info, recommendations on things to do/places to eat, etc.
- Seating Chart: 18″ x 24″ poster mounted on white foam core with matte laminate.
- Table Numbers: custom-made from white and blue card stock with pop-up cat silhouettes and number cut-outs.
- Placecards: 3.75″ x 1.4375″ when folded, featuring the same font from the invites, printed on Avery templates.
- Photo Booth Template: a 6″ x 4″ background image for the print-outs from the photo booth, featuring their names and some of the suite graphic elements.