Today I thought it would be useful if I did a round-up of posts for those new to this blog or new to the branding and design world. I know that for a lot of business owners (new and veteran), figuring out where to start with branding and design can be a bit daunting. If I can help save you time researching, or clear up any confusion about the design process, that’s what I’d like to do. In that light, here are the most pertinent posts from the archives for you, my fellow business owners.
As far as exactly where to start, I think it’s first important to have a grasp on that slippery term: branding. If you can only spare time to read one post on this list, make it this first one:
- Branding Brainstorm for Your Business
- How to Determine Your Core Brand Message
- Business Design Doesn’t Care About Your Personal Preferences
- 3 Visual Branding Tips for Entrepreneurs
- Brand Nuance series
- Why Your Business Should Have an Official Logo
- 5 Things I Need to Know Before Designing Your Logo
- Why a Good Logo Doesn’t Cost $5
- What Does the Logo Design Process Look Like?
- Anatomy of a Logo
- What Format Should Your Logo Be In?
- 5 Places to Use That New Logo
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Hiring a Designer
- Core Design Materials to Get Your Business Started
- The 7 Biggest Mistakes in DIY Design
- The Value of Expertise
- Two Kinds of Designer-Client Relationships
- Color Theory series
- Decoding Design series
Hopefully the information in these posts helps you with your business, whether in thinking about branding differently or knowing what to expect from working with a designer. Helping business owners onto the path towards better branding and a more successful business is why I started this blog.